At FLAG, we see the future — a future for all. We believe this future can be achieved through strategic philanthropic efforts. We know that it is easy to give money; there are plenty of people and organizations willing to take it, but we believe that it also takes careful thought to truly make an impact on the world stage. This is why we have identified certain areas that can truly make a difference and why we work in partnership with unique fundraising events. Our goal is to facilitate sustainable transformation.
We are proud to have inspired, organized, and partnered with:
EASI: East African Scholarship Initiative
In 2016, we were able to bring the first high school student in the history of Uganda to the U.S. for an international exchange experience designed to help them develop personal and professional skills necessary to participate in Uganda’s changing society and growing economy. East African teens desire the opportunity to find a way to enhance their life. Many youth bear unspeakable suffering and venture onto the poorest streets, yet they hold a glimmer of a dream to learn a trade and receive an education. Within these teens, we have found some of the richest souls. With the support of generous donors, we raise $12,000 in annual scholarships. Each scholarship allows one African youth an exchange year in America, a local education and the hands-on experience of a trade craft.
Tee Off For Tanzania, A Love & JENGA Golf Fundraising Event (Our Next Event Will Be Held On June 4, 2021)
Together, with the Kalamazoo Safari Company, we believe we can build a better future. Love & JENGA (Swahili: to build) is a fundraising collaboration to help Arusha, Tanzania. Through the generous support of donors and sponsors, we will build and endow classrooms, commons and a kitchen; a nourishing community space where better futures are built on the sturdy blocks of stability, safety, and education.Register to Play Golf or Sponsor Today!
At FLAG, our vision of philanthropy is more than just the act of giving back, it’s to encourage change. We believe it's important to bring people together, especially the youth; this co-creation can truly make an impact on the world stage. After all, the world is waking up and we think it's imporant to join in!
A Bright Future Is Possible
- Young people will change the world; it’s a fact.
- 50% of the world’s population is under the age of 25 and will inherit responsibilities for addressing local, regional and global issues.
- The majority of the world’s youth live in extreme poverty and feel disenfranchised from their communities.
- Daily, we witness the types of decisions young people make, decisions without regard for society, when they feel left out and powerless to make positive change.
- Certain regions of the world have little or no options for both the young and adults to develop skills necessary to reach their potentials and improve their communities.